We are searching for outstanding web developers to be responsible
for developing innovative, reusable Web-based tools for progressive
online activism and community building. Our web developers work closely
with our project managers, strategists and design team members to
develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and
emerging technologies. Programming, graphic design and database
administration are all elements of this position.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the
Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with
clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely
completion of deliverables.
- Produce project estimates during sales process, including expertise
required, total number of people required, total number of development
hours required, etc.
- Attend client meetings during the sales process and during development.
- Work with clients and Project Managers to build and refine graphic
designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks,
or equivalent application(s).
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to clients.
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the
opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community of the CMS of your choice.
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for activism and community building.
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 3 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
- 2 years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP
- 1 year minimum experience working with relational database systems
such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities