I was making a survey in SurveyMonkey and found a Web site visitor template that may be a good start (look in the general business template category if you are a subscriber). Here are the questions:
- Is this the first time you have visited the website?
- What is the primary reason you came to the site?
- Did you find what you needed?
- If you did not find any or all of what you needed, please tell us what information you were looking for:
- Please tell us how easy it is to find information on the site.
- What is your overall impression of the site?
- What is the liklihood that you will visit the website again?
- Please add comments (suggestions on specific areas for improvements, features, examples of good Web sites).
If you are doing internal surveys, I highly recommend
the companion to the book Web ReDesign 2.0: Workflow that Works. There’s a whole bunch of very useful downloadable surveys, especially on
Company K Media